Amazon Prime is great. Free 1 or 2 day shipping, Prime Videos, Prime Music streaming, Amazon Pantry and Free E Books. The list is long and will continue to get longer.
But the price for Prime subscription is also getting more expensive. It used to be only $79, but now it’s up to $119 a year, as of the time of this writing.
Are there any Amazon Prime Membership Deals? Fortunately, Yes.
Do I have a Prime Membership Promo code for you? Unfortunately, No.
However, there are several ways to get Discounted Amazon Prime. Read on and maybe you can pay less for Prime this year.. and beyond.
1) Get Prime 6 Months for free, and $69/year with Amazon Prime Student Discount
But I’m not a student?!?
Yes, Yes, I know. I’m not one either. But you may still be able to get it. Read on and I’ll show you how.
To qualify for the Prime Student Price, you need to be enrolled into an accredited institution. To verify your eligibility, you just need an email address that ends with .edu.
You can Click on Amazon Student Page to enroll your account.
You do NOT need to change the email address on your existing Amazon account. You simply just verify with Amazon that you have access to the .edu email.
In fact, what I suggest you do is create a new Amazon account, using a non .edu email address, then sign up for amazon student with This link to Amazon Student to get 6 months of free Prime membership, then you’ll get for half price of the regular price, with the Amazon Prime Student Discount.
If I’m not a Student, How do I get a .EDU email address to get the Amazon Student Discount??
An .edu email addresses are actually fairly easy to obtain. Here are 3 ways:
1) Use one from the University you attended.
Most schools actually keep your old university email address active. If you haven’t used it in many years, and have forgotten the password. It might be worth the time to give your school a call to see what they can do.
If your old .edu email is not usable anymore. Your school may have a special email for alumni, such as firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out your school’s website, or give them a call to see what the options are. This is probably the easiest method to get a .edu email address.
2) Apply to your local community college to get their .edu email address
Almost each county in the US, will have a local community college. You will need to apply to the college, through the admission process. Don’t worry, you’ll get accepted as long as you live in the community it serves.
Depending on the community college, you may have to actually enroll in a class to get the email address. Some will give you an email address as soon as you’re accepted.
Admission charges and Enrolling in classes are usually very cheap (under $30) or even free for some colleges. As soon as you obtain the .edu email address, you can verify with Amazon using This link to Amazon Student. Once you’re verified with Amazon, you do not need the email address anymore. You can un-enroll in the class, if you want.
Since each community college is different, your mileage may vary with the community college nearest to you.
3) Get a .edu email address from cccapply.org
For this method, follow the steps below:
1. Go to cccapply.org and select Cuesta College from the dropdown menu and hit apply
2. You will be taken to Cuesta College’s website. Hit Apply Online Today for the latest term.
3. You will be taken to Opencccapply.net, Create an account here using fake name, address, SSN from fakenamegenerator.com
4. After you are done signing up press the start a new application button and select Cuesta College
5. Press Start Application and fill up the application with the same data.
6. Submit the application. If you have given your SSN (fake), You should get an email with instructions to get your .edu email ( email@example.com )
7. Verify your .edu email with Amazon Here and enjoy the Amazon Prime Student Rate Benefits
2) Prime for Half Price for EBT / Medicaid Card Holders
If you have the Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Card, or have a Medicaid card. You Qualify for discounted Prime membership. You can Go Here to enter your Card information to get Prime for only $5.99 per month.
The EBT and Medicaid programs are government assistance programs for low income families. So not everyone is eligible.
3) Get Free Amazon Gift Card If Amazon Missed Delivery Date
When you order with your Amazon prime account, you might’ve noticed a Guaranteed Delivery Date message during checkout.
If the item you ordered happened to arrive after the Guaranteed Delivery Date, you could receive a small refund. All you need to do is open a chat with Amazon, and ask nicely if “you could receive a credit” for the trouble the late delivery has caused.
Ask nicely, and the customer representative will credit your account with a $5 to $20 credit for future purchase.